Hey, have you ever ever puzzled how one could make some restrictions within the profile in order that it received’t have an effect on the opposite consumer, their privateness throughout the group, and different elements? For this Salesforce give you a facility title as sharing rule.
Use sharing guidelines to increase sharing entry to customers in public teams, roles, or territories. Sharing guidelines give particular customers better entry by mechanically setting exceptions to organization-wide sharing settings. As with function hierarchies, sharing guidelines cannot be stricter than the organization-wide default. It simply grants higher entry to sure customers.
You possibly can create sharing guidelines based mostly on report possession or different standards. As soon as you have chosen the data you need to share, outline which teams or customers you need to lengthen entry to and what degree of entry they’ve.
There are two varieties of sharing guidelines based mostly on possession and standards:
Proprietor-Primarily based Sharing Guidelines
Proprietor-based sharing guidelines open entry to data owned by particular customers. For instance, a gross sales supervisor in a single firm needs to see alternatives owned by a gross sales supervisor in one other area. A US gross sales supervisor can use owner-based sharing to present her APAC gross sales supervisor entry to alternatives owned by the US staff.
Remember to take a look at: Manual & Apex Managed Sharing in Salesforce
Standards-Primarily based Sharing Guidelines
Standards-based sharing guidelines decide who to share data with based mostly on subject values. For instance, for example you’ve a resume customized object with a customized picklist subject known as Division. Standards-based sharing guidelines allow you to share all job functions with the division subject set to “IT” with all IT managers in your group.
You possibly can create criteria-based sharing guidelines for accounts, belongings, campaigns, circumstances, contacts, leads, alternatives, work orders, and customized objects. Launch requirements help report varieties and these subject varieties.
- Auto Quantity
- E mail
- Lookup Relationship (to a consumer ID or queue ID)
- Textual content
- Textual content Space
Take a look at one other wonderful weblog by Akash right here: Integration Basics in Salesforce – Here is All You Need to Know
Factors to Bear in mind
- Standards-based sharing guidelines are based mostly on report values, not report house owners. Nonetheless, in a job or territory hierarchy, customers increased up within the hierarchy can entry the report. You possibly can’t create conditional sharing guidelines utilizing Apex. Additionally, conditional sharing can’t be examined in Apex. Beginning with API model 24.0, you may create conditional sharing guidelines utilizing the Sharing Guidelines sort within the Metadata API.
- Textual content and textual content areas are case-sensitive. For instance, a criteria-based sharing rule that specifies “supervisor” in a textual content subject won’t share data with “Supervisor” within the subject. To create a rule with a number of frequent circumstances of a phrase, enter every worth separated by a comma.
- You possibly can outline as much as 300 complete sharing guidelines for every object, together with as much as 50 criteria-based or visitor consumer sharing guidelines, if obtainable for the item.
- Builders can use Apex to programmatically share customized objects based mostly on report house owners however no different standards.